Take data 24/7
Dynamic Live Cell Videos
Overnight, Every Night!
What can time lapse microscopy do for your research?
- Generate compelling grant applications and supplemental data
- Get a new perspective on your biology
- Learn more faster and advance your research further
No more scheduling time at the Core facility; have 24/7 access to your own live cell imaging in your incubator.
With Etaluma’s full line of incubator-ready microscopes, you can start getting time-lapse microscope videos in your own incubator today.
All Etaluma Microscopes can be used inside your incubator!
- Quality comparable to traditional, high-cost microscopes
- Compatible with microplates, dishes, chamber slides, flasks, microfluidic chips
- 3-Color fluorescence, phase contrast, brightfield
- Images, time-lapse & live video
- 1.25-100x objectives
- LS720 pictured above with phase contrast: Auto XY stage & autofocus
Blue, Green, & Red Fluorescence and Walk-Away Automation
The powerful, new LS720 adds walk-away automation to the many features and high performance of the flagship 3-color LS620. Exquisite XY motion control, motorized focus that allows autofocus and z-stacks, and easy-to-configure software combine to facilitate your microscopy experiments and high content screens. Place the LS720 in your incubator and you have a live cell imaging system at a fraction of the cost of conventional HCS systems. Whether imaging multiple fields in your flasks or 1536 wells of cells with 3 fluorophores in a 48 hour time-lapse, the 720 offers a whole new world of automated microscopy!
Blue, Green & Red Fluorescence with Manual Stage
LS Microscopes (previously called Lumascopes) utilize LED light sources, Semrock filters, advanced optical engineering, and CMOS sensors to provide near diffraction-limited (theoretical maximum) resolution. Powered only by its USB connection, the LS620 easily records your photos, time-lapse series, and videos directly to your computer. And its compact size enables working in challenging locations, including inside incubators, biological safety cabinets, and environmental control workstations.
Features and Benefits
- Automated XY stage with autofocus in Z provides images (photos), time-lapse series, and videos recorded directly to your computer
- Fully functioning microscope empowers users to visualize cells from microplates, flasks, slides or custom labware
- Modern LED and advanced optical design provide near diffraction-limited (theoretical maximum) resolution
- Robust software allows set-up and control across many locations, including microplates and custom arrays
- Versatile and compact design enables use inside cell culture incubators and hoods
- Detects blue, green and red fluorophores, including BFP, DAPI, FITC, Fluo-4, GFP & mCherry
- Flip-up deck allows easy objective access
- Used manually, but also robot compatible (RS485, RS232, 5V digital interfaces)
- Objective compatibility with standard lenses permits use of your own objectives
Both utilize a Semrock Brightline® Pinkel filter set optimized for 405 nm, 488 nm, and 594 nm LED light sources. The 5-filter set is comprised of 3 exciting filters, 1 triple-band emitting filter, and 1 beam-splitting filter. The 720 also contains the same CMOS sensor as the LS620 that is larger than the sensor used in LS500 and LS400.
Excitation and Emission Profiles of LS720 and LS620 filters
|Comparison of Lumascope Models|
|Optics||Green fluorescence; brightfield||Blue, green & red fluorescence; brightfield||Blue, green & red fluorescence; brightfield|
|Phase Contrast||Phase contrast optional (Olympus)||Phase contrast optional (Olympus)||Phase contrast optional (Olympus)|
|Objective Options||1.25x,2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, and 100x(oil) magnification||1.25x,2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, and 100x(oil) magnification||1.25x,2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, and 100x(oil) magnification|
|Objective Compatibilities||RMS-threaded, infinity corrected, 45 mm parfocal distance||RMS-threaded, infinity corrected, 45 mm parfocal distance||RMS-threaded, infinity corrected, 45 mm parfocal distance|
|Fluorescence Filters||Green: Ex 457-493, Em 508-552 nm||Blue: Ex 370-410, Em 429-462 nm; Green: Ex 473-491, Em 502-561 nm; Red: Ex 580-598, Em 612-680 nm||Blue: Ex 370-410, Em 429-462 nm; Green: Ex 473-491, Em 502-561 nm; Red: Ex 580-598, Em 612-680 nm|
|Camera||High Sensitivity Monochrome CMOS Sensor; C-mount||High Sensitivity Monochrome CMOS Sensor; C-mount||High Sensitivity Monochrome CMOS Sensor; C-mount|
|Image Formats||JPG, BMP, TIF, or PNG||JPG, BMP, TIF, or PNG||JPG, BMP, TIF, or PNG|
|Image Size||100x100 to 1700x1700 pixels||100x100 to 1900x1900 pixels||100x100 to 1900x1900 pixels|
|Field of View||Up to 0.78 x 0.78 mm at 20x||Up to 0.78 x 0.78 mm at 20x||Up to 0.78 x 0.78 mm at 20x|
|Video Rates||Up to 10 fps; with reduced frame size, up to 30 fps||Up to 10 fps; with reduced frame size, up to 30 fps||Up to 10 fps; with reduced frame size, up to 30 fps|
|Stage||Manual XY||Manual XY||Automated XYZ, SBS nest, 6- to 1536-well microplates; microfluidic chambers (contact Etaluma)|
|Subdeck||NA||NA||No automation; most flasks, dishes, other|
|Well-to-well time (seconds)||NA||NA||Image 96 wells: a) 1 color focus & image: 13 min; b) 3 color focus & image: 34 min|
|Computer Requirements||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Core i5, SSD||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Core i5, SSD||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Core i5, SSD|
|Automation Friendly||SDK available||SDK available||SDK available|
|Power Requirements||USB||USB||USB for LS; 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz for autostage|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||24 x 14 x 16.5 cm (9.4 x 5.5 x 6.5 inches)||24 x 14 x 16.5 cm (9.4 x 5.5 x 6.5 inches)||37.4 x 43.8 x 23.9 cm (14.7 x 17.3 x 9.4 inches)|
|Weight||3.25 kg (7.2 lb)||3.25 kg (7.2 lb)||11 kg (25 lb)|
|Operating Conditions||0°C - 42°C, 5% - 95% RH non-condensing||0°C - 42°C, 5% - 95% RH non-condensing||0°C - 42°C, 5% - 95% RH non-condensing|