We have been working with Etaluma on developing the fluorescence imaging portion of our instrument. After looking at many other options, we selected a Lumascope optics module and are working with Etaluma to maximize our dye imaging signal and customize the module body. We have found this to be a very cooperative process, sharing ideas back and forth, with the common goal of providing a quality product that meets our specifications at an affordable price.
From multi-bandpass LED excitation blocks to full multi-channel epi-fluorescence microscopy modules, Etaluma can provide components and assemplies for your imaging project.
Etaluma also offers multi axis motion control automation, autofocus, and trans-illumination technology for enhanced contrast.
Full stack fluorescence microscopy.
Camera, LED, and motion control through a single Board computer (SBC) running Ubuntu in a Google remote procedure call (www.gRPC.io) client server architecture.
Traditional APIs for LED control, motion control and camera control are available.
Open Source Python control and GUI code available.
LED control and motion control boards piggyback on a carrier board. A variety of SBCs and operating systems can be used.
Etaluma offers two automation platforms.
Move the sample or move the scope, you choose.
The 700 series platform allows a single microplate footprint labware to be accessed with 10 mm of Z for a larger volume to sample and more positional flexibility.
100x jitter movie from 720:
Patent pending Skylight technology where patterns of display on a monitor are used to provide novel trans-illumination contrast modes. Skylight is a powerful, low profile, economic approach to digital illumination.
Choose Etaluma’s State of the Art Microscopy Modules for Your Development Project
When designing products that include a microscopy or cell imaging function, often one must decide what to buy and what to design in-house. An OEM-components partnering strategy can significantly augment the expertise of your own team and eliminate the risks from not knowing what you don’t know. It can free up internal resources for other projects, reduce long-term costs, and ultimately help get your products to market faster.
Etaluma’s Proprietary Optics Engine (photo above)
An entire 3-color fluorescence microscope in the palm of your hand! Or in your instrument’s hardware. Important features:
- Solid-state channel switching with no moving parts and no pixel shift
- Uses multi-bandpass filter sets from Semrock or Chroma
- Etaluma’s high resolution, near diffraction-limited optics
- 4-inch light path with high photon capture
- C-mount for use of newer generation USB3 cameras (see below)
- Now configured with an LED controller for fine control of LED illumination (see below)
- Compatible with RMS-threaded, infinity corrected, 45 mm parfocal distance objectives (or other objectives with adaptors)
Contact us to configure these near diffraction-limited optics to your own specifications.
Choice of Fluorescence Wavelengths
Our standard Optics Module detects the following:
- Blue (e.g., Dapi): Excitation 370-410 nm; Emission 429-462 nm
- Green (e.g., FITC): Excitation 473-491 nm; Emission 502-561 nm
- Red: (e.g., Texas Red): Excitation 580-598 nm; Emission 612-680 nm
We have built other color combinations as well including those for Cy3 and Cy5. Let us know what you need.
Dual Camera Optics Modules – Capture 2 Emissions From 1 Excitation
Addition of image splitter
Image splitter plus mirror to give
New XYZ Automation Platform
- Moves optics under samples
- Large sample area
- Microscope slides, microplates, flasks, custom chips, mixed labware
- Removable labware tray
- Appropriate XY precision
- Robust autofocus
- Goes into incubators
- Other options
- Barcode scanner
- Wide range of dimensions
Motorized Focus for Autofocus
- Several options available
- Cam driven by stepper motor or lead screw design
- High precision
- Able to autofocus repeatedly at same location
- Used with image-based autofocus algorithm
- Wide range of dimensions
Move multiple modules under samples
- More colors
- Multiple magnifications
- Multiple cameras, e.g., monochrome & color
- Faster imaging
Only possible with Etaluma’s compact optics!
Newer Generation CMOS Cameras
- USB3 or GigE, C-mount connection
- High bit-depth (≥ 12)
- Fast frame rates
- Rolling or global shutter
- More sensor choices
- Better performance & multi-platform
Etaluma’s New LED Controller
Fine Illumination Control
- 6 LED channels
- High speed
- Thousands of illumination levels
- Direct triggering for LED synchronization
- PWM and direct current control
- Small form-factor (over 3X smaller than OTS units)
- Tolerates 55 C, 5%-95% relative humidity, noncondensing
More Optics Module Customization
- Shorter optics module (< 80 mm)
- Mirror block under objective
- Multiple applications where instruments have restricted Z height
Market your own microscope with your name displayed. Specialized software can allow you to optimize your customer’s experience. We can handle the labeling or ship them to you for finishing. We can also drop ship them to your customers.
Complete overhead clearance allows plumbing, micromanipulators, compact incubator chambers, and perfusion experiments. Add reagents while recording live video.