New Custom Options
What’s New in Custom Microscopy
Here are 5 things that make a big difference in how you design an imaging system:
1. Compact Optics for Sensitivity and Resolution
A short optical path with fewer lenses and filters makes a big difference in brightness and maintaining near diffraction-limit resolution. Multi band pass filters eliminate moving parts and pixel shift between channels. Flexible choice of cameras for digital image collection in composite, video, and time-lapse modes.
2. Multi-Headed Microscopes for Speed and Flexibility
Now you can combine multiple fluorescence imaging modules for radical next-gen designs. Increase throughput, colors, or objectives with Etaluma’s compact microscope modules.
3. Multiple Cameras on the Same Imaging Module
The cost and size of modern CMOS cameras has allowed simultaneous capture of images from a single microscope. Image in two emissions simultaneously or increase overall functionality.
4. Move the Microscope or Move the Sample
We now offer custom solutions where the platform can move the microscope beneath the sample OR move the sample over the microscope.
5. Powerful LED Illumination Control
Controls up to six LED channels with high speed switching, thousands of illumination levels and direct triggering for LED synchronization. Allows Pulse Width Modulation and direct current control, and tolerates 55 C, 5% – 95% relative humidity.
Etaluma’s Proprietary Optics Engine (photo above)
An entire 3-color fluorescence microscope in the palm of your hand! Or in your instrument’s hardware. Important features:
- Solid-state channel switching with no moving parts and no pixel shift
- Uses multi-bandpass filter sets from Semrock or Chroma
- Etaluma’s high resolution, near diffraction-limited optics
- 4-inch light path with high photon capture
- C-mount for use of newer generation USB3 cameras (see below)
- Now configured with an LED controller for fine control of LED illumination (see below)
- Compatible with RMS-threaded, infinity corrected, 45 mm parfocal distance objectives (or other objectives with adaptors)
Contact us to configure these near diffraction-limited optics to your own specifications.
Choice of Fluorescence Wavelengths
Our standard Optics Module detects the following:
- Blue (e.g., Dapi): Excitation 370-410 nm; Emission 429-462 nm
- Green (e.g., FITC): Excitation 473-491 nm; Emission 502-561 nm
- Red: (e.g., Texas Red): Excitation 580-598 nm; Emission 612-680 nm
We have built other color combinations as well including those for Cy3 and Cy5. Let us know what you need.
Dual Camera Optics Modules – Capture 2 Emissions From 1 Excitation
Addition of image splitter
Image splitter plus mirror to give
New XYZ Automation Platform
- Moves optics under samples
- Large sample area
- Microscope slides, microplates, flasks, custom chips, mixed labware
- Removable labware tray
- Appropriate XY precision
- Robust autofocus
- Goes into incubators
- Other options
- Barcode scanner
- Wide range of dimensions
Motorized Focus for Autofocus
- Several options available
- Cam driven by stepper motor or lead screw design
- High precision
- Able to autofocus repeatedly at same location
- Used with image-based autofocus algorithm
- Wide range of dimensions
Move multiple modules under samples
- More colors
- Multiple magnifications
- Multiple cameras, e.g., monochrome & color
- Faster imaging
Only possible with Etaluma’s compact optics!
Newer Generation CMOS Cameras
- USB3 or GigE, C-mount connection
- High bit-depth (≥ 12)
- Fast frame rates
- Rolling or global shutter
- More sensor choices
- Better performance & multi-platform
Etaluma’s New LED Controller
Fine Illumination Control
- 6 LED channels
- High speed
- Thousands of illumination levels
- Direct triggering for LED synchronization
- PWM and direct current control
- Small form-factor (over 3X smaller than OTS units)
- Tolerates 55 C, 5%-95% relative humidity, noncondensing
More Optics Module Customization
- Shorter optics module (< 80 mm)
- Mirror block under objective
- Multiple applications where instruments have restricted Z height
Market your own microscope with your name displayed. Specialized software can allow you to optimize your customer’s experience. We can handle the labeling or ship them to you for finishing. We can also drop ship them to your customers.
Complete overhead clearance allows plumbing, micromanipulators, compact incubator chambers, and perfusion experiments. Add reagents while recording live video.